November 22nd 2010
I had an excellent Thanksgiving Feast yesterday. My husband and I journeyed out (from Walnut Creek, CA) to Berkeley (California). This feast was with friends and strangers alike.
Raw Pumpkin "Cheesecake" Pie
While having many different thought-provoking conversations we happily devoured:
- Pomegranate salad lightly sweetened with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- "Eggnog" made from almond milk and banana.
- Creamy Sweet Garlic Dressing which I enjoyed both over seed chips and over the Pomegranate salad.
- Red Pepper Soup and Broccoli soup. My husband enjoyed these best mixed with added fresh parsley and cilantro.
- Sweet "Green Drink" made up of many vegetables including broccoli and many fruits including pears.
- Cinnamon Fruit Salad made up of persimmons, apples, other fruit and much cinnamon.
- A spicy salsa that my husband and I made served with butter-leaf lettuce.
- Autumn Curry with mushrooms and broccoli. This was a popular favorite among the table and the first dish to be entirely devoured.
- A pâté made by the host including green onion, avocado, garlic and other deliciousness served with fresh lettuce.
- Blueberry Pandowdy, my personal favorite. Blueberries covered in a delicious simple crumble top.
- Chocolate Mint Banana Pudding, which I brought. One of my favorites lately. Made with much fresh mint.
- Pumpkin Date Pie, with no actual pumpkin included. It was made from persimmons.
- Pumpkin "Cheesecake" Pie, made with a almond and date crust and a filling including cashews, pumpkin and spices.
Fruit salad, salsa on lettuce and seed chip pieces
Lettuce with pâté and tomato, and autumn curry
Pumpkin Date Pie
Pumpkin "Cheesecake" Pie
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come again!