Ecological, Economical, Efficient, Organic & Abundant Living
In 2012 I lived on $5,000.
In 2013 I lived on $6,000.
In 2014 I lived on $7,000.
I've gone on dozens of trips in the past five years – California, Georgia, Vermont and even Kaua'i island. (On the right, see places I've stayed at least three weeks in yellow, and places I've stayed at least two days in red.)
If I had a hundred dollars for each time someone asked me, “How can you afford to travel all the time?” . . . then the title of my book would be different.
And when I say "lived on", I mean everything. That's even before taking the taxes out!
If this isn't surprising enough, my wardrobe is organic clothes and my diet is organic and vegetarian. Needless to say, these little details have surprised people I know, especially affluent people who feel they can't afford yoga, organic clothes or even organic nuts!
Now I'm sharing my secrets with you! Learn how you can leverage your income, reduce your spending, and increase your savings – all while traveling and working as little as a couple hours a day!
I've wracked my brain for every trick I've ever used for saving money and getting things for free in my life. Much of what I do is made possible by knowing what can be done without any money at all. And I've packed it all into one amazing treasure trove. In my book you'll learn:
- 9 less-known alternatives to renting/owning.
- How to maximize your garden's harvest, growing a wide variety of foods without any sprays.
- 8 different ways to get free meals, including a method that doesn't require leaving home!
- 5 tricks for how to acquire new high-paying skills in your spare time.
- 5 different ways to monetize your space, even if you just have a small apartment.
- 12 different gluten-free, plant-based recipes that maximize nutrition on a budget.
Regardless of your diet, you'll benefit from the creative recipes within. I've used my most popular, most loved, most cost-effective, most travel-friendly recipes. I've even broken down the price of each ingredient, each serving and the whole recipe as well. You also get a nutritional report with each recipe. The recipes will work for you whether you're a vegan, vegetarian, raw foodist, paleo, macrobiotic, omnivorous, gluten-free, and/or sweetener-free.
Whether you're a nutrivore, omnivore, frugivore or frutarian, prepare to be enlightened. The sizable section on "maximizing nutrition per dollar" is brimming with useful techniques and ideas.
"Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year gives both sound financial and perceptive advice. There's enough information in here to help out anyone looking to live happier with less money."
— Steven Woinoski (January 2015)
And this is from my very first reader! He read it back during its first draft. The book has literally doubled in useful information and charts since then!
Regardless of where you live, you can apply the tips in this book. I spent five months living on Kaua'i island — the most expensive place to live in the country! I've spent a year in northern California and months in Florida, North Carolina and Vermont over the past five years. These are not cheap places to live, and yet my husband and I lived in these places, ate gourmet organic foods and dressed in style.
Figuring out how to do all of these things was not simple. There was no handbook for us. We learned as we went, trailblazing a path that others kept asking after. "How is this possible?" My book is my full reply to this question. I began writing it while on a two-month road-trip where we were repeatedly questioned about our finances.
One particular moment during the trip was highlighted for me. A woman living in a million-dollar mansion asked me how I could afford to live the way I did. At that moment it really hit me — other people have no idea how to live this way! I knew that I had to tell the world.
I spent over a year writing — once I began, I realized I had more and more to share on this subject. I realized that I had been paying attention to maximizing life on minimal income since I was a child. I grew up hungering for a richer lifestyle, and found it without ever having to earn more.
In Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year, you'll learn:
- How you can eat all organic foods on as little as $100 per month.
- 5 different money traps and how to avoid them.
- What to bring with you when you travel and what to buy when you get there.
- Surprising methods for recovering from insomnia, yeast infections and several other common aliments.
- 5 different ways to find places to stay while traveling (other than hotels).
- How your thinking patterns and beliefs impact your spending habits.
"Raederle combines real life experience with innovative ideas to provide inspiration for anyone looking to live a creative, fulfilling life on a budget. The book also includes hard numbers which account for how she spends her time and money, which I found super useful. Whether you are looking to make a radical lifestyle change or simply learn a few out of the box ways to save time and money, this book is a great resource."
— Moriah Helms (April 2015)
Spending habits are learned behavior. In order to change the dollar-flow in your life, you have to learn new ways to look at your purchases.
Financial habits are very personal. They are a reflection of your beliefs, your personality and your priorities. In order to change that, you need a new perspective.
Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year will shift your entire wealth paradigm, making it possible to travel thousands of miles each year, work less, and enjoy life more.
They say to "under promise" and "over deliver." You'll find that in this book. While my promise is that you can "live big" and "travel far" on $8,000 a year, if you follow all the tips in this book, you could find yourself living on $2,000 a year, and doing better than just "living big" — you could be living your grandest vision of your life.
This book is packed with information, including detailed charts that reveal exactly how I've spent my money, and how I've spent my time. I've even included hundreds of tidbits from other people I know who lead very successful lives on surprisingly little cash.
In Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year, you'll also learn:
- How to reduce expenses and find freebies in every facet of your life.
- How to show appreciation and deepen your relationships and friendships.
- New ways to measure your time and calculate the value of your time.
- 11 unusual employment opportunities that'll get your creative juices going.
- 19 tips to increase efficiency in your kitchen and prevent food from going to waste.
- New ways to look at minimum wage, wealth, and the economy at large.
- What "Gift Economy" and "Resource Based Economy" really mean.
- How to select products that are good for you (economical, efficient, high quality) and good for the planet (ecological).
- Entertainment options that are cost-effective and long-lasting, such as unusual board games.
- How to set goals and accomplish goals.
- Alternatives for skincare, bodycare and laundry that are ecological and economical.
At a potluck I was hosting, a friend of mine mentioned to another friend that he "couldn't relate" to having to pay rent or buy groceries. This grown, mature, healthy and happy man didn't have to worry about these things! Depending on your personal choices, you can live that way too. His way of life is also covered in this book.
You'll find a lot of personal stories in this book:
- Find out how I met my husband online and why this was crucial in creating a can-do attitude that later allowed for abundant traveling.
- Discover Lana's story of being happiest when she was most broke.
- Laugh at the story of the blender that was defeated by frozen strawberries.
These are just three examples of the fascinating episodes within!
Beyond my experience and the experience of many other wealth-savvy people I've met, I've also included some of the most life-changing wisdom that allowed me to be able to lead the life I've led.
"I enjoyed this brilliant book so much. There's a spiritual depth to it, in addition to the wide ranging practical tips. Raederle, you inspire me!
I love all the online links you give to explore every tip to its fullest, for free.
You show the easiest way I've ever seen to make money on the web immediately – at virtually no cost and without a website. It works!
~ Val Archer, GreenSmoothie.com (June, 2015)
With this book, you can live big regardless of your wage or salary. And even if you have plenty of cash, this book is packed with value. If you currently earn $40,000 and you spend only $8,000 a year, then you can put $32,000 a year into savings!
Unlike other books, where you only get to purchase one format at once, I've bundled together the audiobook with the format for computer and two additional formats for different types of e-readers. You can listen to the book, read it on your computer and read it on your e-reader at your leisure.
You might be wondering, "Is this book really for me?". While it doesn't matter where you live, what diet you eat, or what your personal dreams are, there are some things that do.
This book is not for you if:
Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year is for anyone who:
Living Big & Traveling Far on $8,000 a Year (or Less!)
By Raederle Phoenix
When you purchase through this page you're getting the book in four digital formats – MP3, PDF, MOBI and EPUB. That's for your audio device, your computer, your kindle, and your nook. EPUB and MOBI formats also work with other e-readers besides kindles and nooks.
If you have trouble purchasing, or questions, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also message me on facebook. It is the slowest way to reach me, but if you wish, leave me a voicemail at 551 333 3376. To reach me faster, send me a text message.