Coconut CreamHealthy and delicious alternative to dairy cream
- 1 Thai coconut's meat (also known as young coconut meat)
- ¼ cup young coconut juice (also know as "coconut water")
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw orange juice
- 1 cup soaked cashews, drained, rinsed (discard soak water)
- ¼ cup water (start with two tablespoons and adjust as needed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
Blend all ingredients in your food processor.
About The Ingredients
- The coconut meat of a young coconut (also known as a Thai coconut or green coconut) gives it a thick but silky texture.
- The coconut juice adds mild sweetness. It's rich in potassium (more so than bananas!), and great for hydration.
- The coconut oil makes this a very slick and smooth cream-like substance. Put the coconut oil into a small bowl or glass, and then put that bowl into a larger bowl with hot water in it to melt the oil.
- The raw orange juice adds sweetness and allows the mixture to hold a little air, making it fluffier.
- Soaked cashews, like macadamia nuts and pine nuts, become very creamy after being soaked and blended. I use cashews because they are less expensive than macadamia nuts or pine nuts. Also, pine nuts have a terrible calcium to phosphorous ratio.
- The vanilla adds richness to the flavor.
What is coconut cream good on?Oh... Just about everything (that is sweet and fruity).
- Granola and grapes
- Peaches, pies and plums
- Apples and apricots
- Cacao cakes and currants
Protein: 26 grams