The nutbread has a somewhat similar consistency to dough, and a similar flavor to a mildly sweet bread, such as banana bread.
- 1 cup nut pulp (from making nut milk from pecans and/or almonds)
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 4 figs
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
To make nut pulp
- Soak nuts in a glass container over night in drinking water.
- Leave the container on the counter in temperatures below 76 degrees Fahrenheit, or put it in the fridge in temperatures above.
- This is the nuts ratio I use, but you can vary it: 50% almonds, 40% pecans, 10% Brazil nuts
- Drain and rinse soaked nuts.
- Blend with fresh drinking water in your blender until smooth.
- Strain in a nut-milk bag. Squeeze thoroughly so that remaining nut pulp is very dry.
- Serve the nut-milk with another recipe, such as granola.
- The remainder in the nut-milk bag is the nut pulp.
- Pit the date.
- Cut off the stems of the figs.
- Put all ingredients into your food processor.
- Process until everything sticks together in a lump, or until smooth. (It may not form a lump if your nut pulp didn't have all the oil and nut milk fully squeezed out of it. That's fine too, but I think it's better when it's drier because it's more like a bread texture.)
- Spread nutbread on a plate.
- Put plate in the fridge (or in the freezer if you're only going to leave it there for less than fifteen minutes). Make coconut cream.
- Stow coconut cream in the fridge, or put it in the freezer for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Slices one to three peaches.
- Arrange peaches on top of the nutbread.
- Pour coconut cream over them until the desired amount is reached.
- Grab two forks, a friend and a camera.
- Send a picture of your dish to me, as well as a picture of the two of you enjoying it!
NutritionBased on the following portions:
[½ nutbread recipe + ½ coconut cream recipe + 1½ peaches]
- ½ medjool date
- 2 figs
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 Brazil nut
- 1½ peaches
- ½ Thai coconut's meat
- 2 tablespoons cup young coconut juice
- 2 tablespoons cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cup raw orange juice
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ tablespoon vanilla powder
Protein: 33 grams
Fiber: 21 grams